Location: Charleston, SC
Direct-Hire & Full-Time
Growth Potential, Great Benefits & 401K
- +2 years of Weld Engineering experience within manufacturing environments.
- Experience with Weld Mapping, Process Validation through defined welding procedures.
- Prepare and qualify Welding Procedure Specifications (WPS) and Procedure Qualification Records (PQR).
- Knowledge of Metrology, strict welding standards, TIG/MIG welding processes – manual processes.
- Drive improved product quality by identifying welding issues, developing advanced welding cost effective solutions, and overseeing successful implementation into production.
- Manage industrialization projects of new developed equipment in a cross-functional team environment.
- Work with manufacturing leadership to identify and resolve welding, supply chain, manufacturing and quality problems related to methods, and processes.
- Develop ideal workstation layouts to support lean and efficient assembly processes, as well as improved ergonomics for shop floor employees.
- Support Industrial Engineering Manager in budgeting process and overall plant layout development.
- Develop & implement new best practices for vehicle assembly processes and logistics material flow.
- Support development of lean logistics flow throughout the facility. Foster continuous improvement process with leading principles of Quality, Cost, Delivery & Safety.
- Drive manufacturing cost reduction initiatives to meet production cost targets.
- Optimize existing assembly and logistics operations.
- Develop manufacturing routings and conduct MTM studies.
- Design required production and assembly fixtures utilizing CAD systems.
- Select most efficient and cost-effective tools for assembly processes. Support operations management to resolve production & quality problems via root cause analysis.
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Engineering or a related field.