Location: Must be able to relocate and work onsite
Direct-Hire & Full-Time
Our established client is searching for an experienced Rolling Mill Process Engineer. The candidate should be interested in improving and developing computer models, and possess strong problem solving and analysis skills, to develop recommendations to manufacturing facilities with the goal of improving mill performance in terms of throughput, product quality, and expanded capability.
- You enjoy working with passionate professionals in an inclusive culture.
- You are a self-starter with strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
- You are excited to make a lasting impact on the company.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience with hot and/or cold sheet rolling process and modeling software development that understands the rolling theory process.
- Knowledge of database and programming technologies such as C++ is preferred.
- Predictive analysis model development experience. Strong computer programming and mathematical skills. Excellent problem solving and analysis skills.
- Capable of handling multiple work assignments with minimal supervision.
- Support and implement projects aimed at improving mill output, cost, and quality. Fulfill short term requests for technical assistance from operating units. Develop and refine existing or new mill simulation models.
- Design, develop, and manage process-related modeling, engineering, and research projects with the objective of developing new methods and practices that will ultimately reduce production cost, improve yields, and provide better product quality.
- Installing, maintaining, troubleshooting, repairing, and improving software systems.
- Improve safety, quality, costs, reliability, and productivity throughout the facility.
- Initiate, lead, and uphold safety policies, practices, procedures.
- Ability to work scheduled and unscheduled overtime including nights, holidays, and weekends.
- Bachelor of Science in a related field or equivalent technical training and experience.