Location: Charleston, SC
Direct-Hire & Full-Time
Great Culture, Benefits, & 401K
We are searching for a Project Engineer for a client. This individual will assist the engineering team with handling projects from cradle to grave. You will research, design, drive improvements, submit documentation, address issues, and improve cost reduction.
- Understanding of manufacturing processes, cost reduction, lean processes, root cause analysis, process improvement.
- Minimum 2 years of professional experience with 3D-CAD mechanical design.
- Experience developing mechanical, structural, or hydraulic systems.
- Experience with design of sheet metal, welded structures, machining practices, design analysis, and tolerance stack-ups.
- SAP experience is preferred.
- Work closely with the project validation team regarding products, release of materials, industrial engineering, prototype builds, troubleshooting, engineering changes.
- Design and review 3D models, drawings, and Bills of Materials.
- Research, design and develop components, equipment, and systems to satisfy technical, cost, quality, and customer requirements.
- Create and present presentations to help drive decisions.
- Continuous improvement of products via design changes, cost down measures, and quality enhancements that improve customer satisfaction.
- Coordinate prototyping and testing of new and modified systems.
- Perform basic design analysis and tolerance studies to ensure design quality is achieved.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field.